Wofford College Transfer Course Equivalencies

The Transfer Course Equivalencies website is a guide to illustrate how coursework completed at another institution may transfer to Wofford College. The listed courses should not be considered comprehensive and only represent a history of those that have previously transferred to Wofford.

Course equivalencies are evaluated through the Office of the Registrar and require an official transcript from the transferring institution. Credit will be granted only for courses in which a grade of ‘C’ or better is earned. All courses must be taken at a regionally accredited institution.

Special Note to Currently Enrolled Wofford College Students: The Application for Permission to take Coursework Elsewhere must be completed, approved, and submitted to the Office of the Registrar before you register at another institution. If you wish to take courses that will apply to your Wofford major, your Department Chair must approve those courses. You can find the Application for Permission to Take Coursework Elsewhere through myWofford under the Registrar’s Spotlight, on the Registrar’s website.

Course equivalencies are subject to change without notice. All questions pertaining to transfer credit should be directed to the Office of the Registrar at 864-597-4030 or registrar@wofford.edu.

**If coursework is taken at an institution that awards quarter hours, the following equation will be used to award the transfer credit in semester hours: Quarter Hour (QH) credit is divided by 1.5 to = Semester Hours (SH). (Example: 5 QH /1.5 =3.3 SH)

To begin, select the state of the institution you wish to view.

Select Institution State: 
Professor giving a lecture to students in old main